From the manufacturer
Add the dimension of surround sound to all your favorite home entertainment. Sony’s STR-DE598 can drive six home theater speakers with authority, and also lets you hook up a powered subwoofer for added bass punch. Its built-in surround processing delivers engrossing wraparound sound for DVD movies, TV shows, CDs, and even video games.
This receiver includes the audio and video connections you need to build a complete system. You can hook up music sources like a cassette deck and CD player, and video sources like your DVD player, VCR, and cable box. There’s even a convenient input on the front panel for quick hookup of a camcorder or game system. Component video switching means you can send High-Definition video signals from two different sources to this receiver and select the one you want to watch without changing inputs on your TV.
Sony includes some fun and helpful extras, too. Two sets of main speaker outputs let you power stereo speakers in two rooms at the same time. Special digital sound modes built into the receiver let you simulate the acoustics of Sony’s movie studios in your own living room. And the remote gives you easy control of this receiver and other Sony gear.
- 90 watts x 6 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.09% THD
- Dolby® Digital EX, DTS-ES®, DTS Neo:6, and Pro Logic IIx processing
- Digital Cinema Sound modes
- A/V Sync (switchable 68 millisecond audio delay for digital sources)
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 1 coaxial
- 2 audio, 4 A/V (including 1 front-panel) inputs
- 5.1-channel input for SACD or DVD-Audio
- no phono input
- remote controls compatible Sony A/V components
- 2 sets of main speaker outputs
- 30 AM/FM presets
- 17″W x 6-1/4″H x 12-7/16″D