from the manufacturer
Feast your eyes on the RX-9000V. This top-of-the-line powerhouse delivers beefy, precise music and movie sound thanks to Dynamic Super-A amplification (for all 5 channels!). JVC's most advanced digital circuitry provides low distortion and natural soundfields from stereo and 5.1-channel sources. But perhaps coolest of all is its dual-room, dual-source feature.
The remote emits the usual IR (infrared) signals for control in the main room where your A/V system is, but it also emits an RF (radio frequency) signal that can pass through walls and around corners. Control your system from anywhere in your home! To power a pair of speakers in a second room, you can (1) use the receiver's surround channel amp through the "B" speaker outputs, which lets you simultaneously play different stereo sources in two rooms; or, (2) use an external amp, which lets you choose a 5.1-channel surround source in your main room.
The RX-9000V has the processing, power, inputs, outputs, and quality for stunning digital home theater. Dolby® Digital, DTS, and Pro Logic™ decoding let you experience the multichannel audio on countless videodiscs, videotapes, TV, HDTV, and satellite broadcasts. Tone controls for the center and surround channels ensure proper voice matching throughout your system.
You get an impressive array of inputs for all your audio/video sources: 3 audio and 5 A/V (including 4 S-video, and 1 front-panel) inputs, and 4 digital (3 optical, 1 coaxial) inputs. Plus, a 5.1-channel input means it's ready for new multichannel formats down the road. Speaking of new formats, the RX-9000V's wide-range frequency response makes it perfect for upcoming DVD Audio and other high-resolution audio sources!
- Dolby Digital, DTS, and Pro Logic decoding
- dual-room, dual-source capability
- RF/IR backlit remote (multibrand for video)
- Dynamic Super-A amplification for all 5 channels
- 120 watts x 2 (stereo) into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.02% THD — or 100 x 5 in home theater mode
- multicolor on-screen display
- 4 digital inputs (3 optical, 1 coaxial)
- 3 audio, 5 A/V (including 4 S-video, 1 front-panel, and one 5.1-channel) inputs
- optical digital output
- preamp-level subwoofer output
- AV, Text, and Enhanced JVC CompuLink
- center- and surround-channel tone control
- banana plug-compatible speaker terminals for all channels
- JVC's K2 interface and 1-bit P.E.M converter
- high-rigidity Z-Chassis
- 30 FM/15 AM presets
- 17-3/16"W x 6-3/16"H x 17-1/4"D