Enjoy your music, plus the best in radio
Pioneer designed their DEH-X5500HD CD receiver to be the perfect vehicle for adding great sound, expanded musical capabilities, and the best-sounding radio available to your dash. This receiver lets you control your iPod® or iPhone® playlists when you connect them via the USB input, and offers Pandora® Internet radio control with your iPhone too. But if you're a radio fan, that's not the end of the story.
HD Radio — enjoy the difference
If you listen to a lot of radio, you owe it to yourself to take advantage of the HD Radio tuner that's built into this car stereo. The free broadcasts of your local HD Radio station are like regular radio, but with improved sound quality — FM broadcasts are near CD-quality, while AM is as clear as regular FM. And many stations, particularly public radio, broadcast extra channels of programming, so you can easily switch between news, music, or other alternative programming.
MIXTRAX livens up your music
Pioneer's MIXTRAX feature complements this receiver's bright display with its variable-color illumination. Turn it on, and it adds a light show to your favorite playlists as the display pulses in time with your music, and it inserts transitions and cool effects between songs, keeping the energy high while you're cranking the tunes.
Great sound at the heart of it all
The DEH-X5500BT carries on the tradition of solid Pioneer sound with a powerful internal amp that leaves most car audio factory systems in the dust. You'll also enjoy a 5-band equalizer for tone control, plus Pioneer's Advanced Sound Retriever to perk up the sound quality of compressed music files. If you're looking to build a bigger system, hook up amps to the two pairs of preamp outputs to get things really rocking — a suite of sound controls will tailor the output of the receiver to your amps.
Want to keep your steering wheel controls?
In most vehicles, you can use an adapter (not included) to connect your vehicle's steering wheel controls to this Pioneer stereo. Connect a few wires, then program the adapter for your particular car and the Pioneer, and you'll retain the convenience of your steering wheel controls. Check the "Accessories" tab for compatible adapters.
Note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver or its optional iPod adapter.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- built-in MOSFET amplifier (14 watts RMS CEA-2006/50 peak x 4 channels)
- built-in HD Radio tuner
- MIXTRAX for a DJ-inspired audio/visual experience with compatible devices
- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files
- Pandora control through iPhone
- variable color illumination with separate control of display and buttons
- remote control
- Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) for improved sound quality from compressed music files
- Easy EQ 5-band equalizer with seven preset tone settings
- 3-level loudness
- low-pass and high-pass filters
- subwoofer level control
- built in iPod control — no adapter necessary, but adding Pioneer's optional connecting cable lets you leave your iPod cable at home
- inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- outputs: 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear/subwoofer)
- compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- CEA-2006 compliant