When players grab hold of the Takamine GD-34CE, they’ve chosen a brilliant all-purpose dreadnought. This stage-ready strummer boasts resonant spruce and sapele tonewoods, deluxe TP-3G electronics, and loud looks that are sure to captivate any crowd! The GD-34CE’s dreadnought body shape has a spruce top that gives your sound forceful projection while making strings dynamic and touch-sensitive, allowing for fluid transitions from heavy strums to fingerpicked melodies. Sapele back and sides support spruce’s power with a rich and soulful tone that inspires. The GD-34CE’s mahogany neck and laurel fingerboard lend great comfort and support for long sessions, and players can also access more of the fingerboard than ever via a curvaceous Venetian body cutaway. Lastly, the GD-34CE is a stunner with a truly outstanding look that’s fueled by a tastefully bound body and fingerboard, "Emblems" fingerboard inlays, and matching hardware that’s sure to impress at your next gig. Order yours from Sweetwater today.
Classic dreadnought body with a rich sapele twist
One of the most popular acoustic guitar shapes since its inception, dreadnoughts not only deliver robust presence and driving bass, but also a softer, sensitive side perfect for folk tunes or a lighter fingerpicked touch. With such a range available, everyone from acoustic bluegrass shredders to intimate singer/songwriters all favor dreadnoughts such as the Takamine GD-34CE. Moreover, this acoustic-electric doubles down on the dreadnought shape’s utility with its sapele back and sides. Dreadnought lovers are often drawn to sapele tonewoods. Tonally, it packs mahogany’s rich, articulate midrange while responding quicker to intricate dynamics. When amplified, sapele carves out sonic space for the GD-34CE but will never muddy the mix.
Revered TP-3G electronics
For decades, Takamine has proudly equipped players with acoustic-electric amplification that’s developed in-house, and the original systems were lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of sound quality and control. The GD-34CE packs Takamine’s acclaimed TP-3G electronics system, which combines stellar customization with streamlined controls, including a 3-band EQ. This robust equalizer lets you shape lows, mids, and highs with up to +/- 12dB of range for each band, meaning you can radically re-work your amplified sound to suit practically any scenario in a matter of seconds! From mid-forward presence that cuts through the mix in band settings to scooped sounds that support a singer/songwriter’s performance, the TP-3G’s controls are indispensable assets and easy to love.
Takamine GD-34CE Acoustic-electric Dreadnought Features:
- A stunning stage-ready dreadnought with a versatile sound
- Spruce top offers lots of dynamic power with a perfectly responsive feel for strumming and fingerpicking
- Balanced dreadnought body shape readily adapts to different styles or techniques
- Sapele back and sides facilitate a versatile sound with impressive richness and warmth
- Revered TP-3G electronics with customizable 3-band EQ offer robust control of amplified tones
- Mahogany neck capped with a laurel fingerboard provides comfortable access to frets, including those exposed by a Venetian cutaway
- Premium appointments, including elegant binding across the body, fingerboard, and headstock
- Rosewood bridge and color-coordinated hardware enhance looks eve
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Dreadnought
- Back & Sides Wood:Sapele
- Top Wood:Solid Spruce
- Top Finish:Gloss
- Body Bracing:X
- Neck Wood:Mahogany
- Neck Shape:Slim
- Fingerboard Material:Laurel
- Fingerboard Inlay:Emblems
- Number of Frets:21, Nickel Silver
- Scale Length:25.3"
- Bridge Material:Laurel
- Tuning Machines:Closed Gear
- Electronics:Takamine TP-3G